The Elder Domestic Violence Shelter Network is a collaboration between local nursing facilities and service providers to temporarily shelter victims of domestic violence in later life. The EDVSN was launched on June 13th, 2014. The goal of the shelter network is to provide a safe place for victims so they can receive appropriate medical care and the resources necessary to achieve a life free from domestic violence.
Eligibility requirements include:
- Applicant must be 60 years of age or older
- Applicant is not able to live independently
- Applicant must be the victim of domestic or family violence
- Applicant must not be eligible for traditional shelter
- Applicant cannot self-refer
Below is the application process. if you have any questions regarding the process, please e-mail email@example.com.
Elder Shelter Forms and Releases
1. Complete releases to be submitted with screening tool, found here
2. There are two options for submitting the required documents, found below. Documents may be submitted either using 1) the online screening tool, OR 2) printing, scanning, and uploading the screening tool and releases.
To submit the completed and scanned screening tool along with the releases, click here.
The Elder Domestic Violence Shelter Network review committee will begin reviewing the Screening Tool within 48 business hours.
A review committee representative will contact the referring agency and/or applicant once a determination has been made:
- If approved: An Elder Abuse Case Manager will determine placement for applicant and schedule a visit to complete application.
- If denied: A review committee representative will provide referring agency and applicant with alternative resources and referrals.
If you Suspect Abuse, TAKE ACTION!
More than 1,500 cases of elder abuse are reported each year in Erie County. Many more cases are never reported.
If you suspect abuse and would like legal assistance, please contact:
Legal Services for the Elderly, Disabled, or Disadvantaged of WNY:716-853-3087
For immediate assistance 24 hours a day, call Crisis Services Hotline at:716-834-3131
If you suspect someone is being abused, call Erie County Protective Services for Adults: 716-858-6877
For general information on programs or referrals call: 716-858-8526
In an emergency, call 911
For Elder Shelter screening tool, please visit the Elder Shelter Page located under the "Elder Shelter" tab at the top of your screen
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org